So the lovely people at Funny Anime Pics recently nominated me for another Liebster Award! Thank you very much for the nomination; I truly appreciate the exposure you are giving to my blog.
- Thank and link back to your nominator
- Answer the 11 questions given by the nominator
- Nominate other 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
- Let your nominees know that you have nominated them via social media or their blogs
1. How old were you when you first started watching anime?
If you count Dragonball Z, I was about 7 when I first started watching anime. Other than that, I only became a fan of anime when I was about 10 years old
2. What do you like to do when you’re not watching anime?
Most of the time I like to play video games or sometimes catch up on my series on TV
3. Are there any genres of anime that you avoid?
I’m mostly not a fan of shoujo anime – with Ore Monogatari being the exception in this case – partly because I’m not a fan of the art style and I sometimes find the stories a bit melodramatic.
4. What’s your favourite name of an anime character?
This is a very tough one to answer but my favourite name would have to be Jin because most characters named Jin are badass
5. Do you generally watch OVAs?
Yes, I mostly do. The two best OVAs I’ve watched were Black Lagoon: Roberta’s Blood Trail and Hellsing Ultimate
6. How do you determine which anime to watch next?
I’m subscribed to a newsletter that sends me daily updates of new anime series and episodes so I use that to keep up to date on anime. What I usually do is read the synopsis of an anime and see if it interests me or not. I then do some research on the anime – reviews, extra information – and based on the information I get I decide whether it’s worth a watch or not. If I do not like the first episode of a series I will usually give it a miss. Also, word of mouth sometimes influences me to try out a particular series
7. Do you have a favourite Japanese word?
“Nandato” or “Baka” – they’re better said with the emotion you usually see in anime 😛
8. Do you buy, download or stream anime?
These days I download all my anime. I did stream for a while on Crunchyroll but it soon became a mission for me to wait for it to load first before I could watch
9. Have you ever traveled to a foreign country?
I have been to the USA and Mauritius
10. What is your dream job?
I would love to, one day, enter the film industry as film has always been a passion of mine. I’m currently studying screen production at University so I’m one step closer to my dream job
11. Do you prefer long anime series or short ones?
This depends a lot on how the story progresses and how invested I am in a particular anime. There are positives and negatives for anime being long or short. If an anime is too long it has the tendency to drag on and if an anime is too short then it has the tendency to not cover everything in the space given. So yeah, it depends really.
- Have you ever cosplayed? If not, do ever plan on doing so in the future?
- Which anime characters inspire you?
- What are your thoughts on anime dubs?
- Which do you prefer: anime or manga?
- Which anime films have you watched?
- Which events have you considered to be the highlight of your life?
- What is your view of the world in general?
- Is there a certain moment in an anime that you wished could’ve turned out differently at the end?
- What do you think is the hardest thing to do when writing a blog?
- What are your aspirations in life?
- What do you think defines an Otaku?
Thanks again guys! Till next time!